Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Love Letter

Jesus, Abba, Daddy,

It's Christmas Eve and it's raining -- a gently calming patter forming the backdrop for my reflections this morning.  I sit in the stillness as I do every morning.  This month I've carved out space to ponder Your Coming and Christmas and Love and You as a Baby, the Gift of all gifts.  A Baby, and then a Savior, and now also a Friend. And I want to pause in this brief slice of time and say thank You for the Gift of You.  If there is anything I have learned in this short life, anything that has stolen my heart and gripped my soul, it is this: You are here.  You are with me.

You are for me. You adore me.  You delight in me.

It's not about what I do or don't do.  I cannot earn you.  I cannot pay you back.  I cannot lose you.

You're there.  You're always there.

When I'm sad.  When I'm fearful.  When I'm angry.  When I'm doubting.  When I'm bitter.  When I'm selfish.

You relentlessly pursue me.  No strings attached.  No expectations.  No condemnation.

You love me for me.  You accept me for me.

No matter where I go, no matter what I do, no matter how I act.

When I'm brave.  When I'm kind.  When I'm patient.  When I'm joyful.  When I'm fun.

You love me for me.  You accept me for me.  You are proud of me.

Your Love stands.  Immovable.  Unshakeable. Unstoppable.

I can't escape You.  And why would I want to?

In You there is unmatchable freedom.  In you there is captivating kindness.  With you there is genuine acceptance.

I am safe here.  I am loved here.  I am wanted here.  I can rest here.

You are here.  You are with me.  Emmanuel.  God with me.

Forever Yours,
Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment